I'm not hungry

Started by Hayden.M., February 6, 2010 · 7 Replies · 3,261 Views

Hayden.M.

hi all

I know that to build muscle/strength after hard work such as gymnastic conditioning, you need to have a much higher intake of protein and carbohydrates. does that mean that, to get the necessary intake, I would have to eat even when i am not hungry? because if i only ate when i got hungry, i would just be consuming the average amount a day which obviously isnt enough. or does your body tell you when it needs another supply of nutrients by getting hungry?

any replies greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Richard Duelley

Since I have started trying to gain weight I eat all the time. Usually I am not hungry at all but I just cram the food down my throat anyways, most of the time I dont enjoy it :oops: (which sucks bec I really do love good food). But I have been steadily gaining lean mass, 7 pounds total so far. . . only 23ish more to go!

Mr.MJR

yeah, beginning is tough, I was like you, I ate twice a day. You need to start force yourself to eat, and with time your body will adapt and you will eat more, you will see, just be patient and dedicated ;)

Neal Winkler

Yes, you need to suck it up. I know how you feel, so I can sympathize, but if I were talking to myself in the mirror I would tell me the same thing.

Rikke Olsen

Damn, I wish I had it like that... Losing weight would be so much easier.

dlsso

I recently started eating more in an effort to gain some mass. I have gained 10lbs and now find myself constantly hungry. It seems the body adapts pretty quickly.

Joshua Naterman

It happens to me on a weekly basis. I don't need hardly any food when I don't eat, but when I do eat regularly, I can't get enough after two meals, my body just goes into overdrive!

Life's been so crazy that this has literally been a weekly cycle lol! That's probably why I'm hovering at 226-227.

Animalonfire

Rob Wolff mentioned in a pod cast that occasionally he will add high glycemic carbs to someone's diet to improve their appetite if it's too low. Not that it's helpfull any more :P (3 months since last post)