Cant do a straight straddle planche

Started by Niv Bekerman, February 14, 2017 · 8 Replies · 6,514 Views

Niv Bekerman

I have been training for the planche for 2 months and 2 weeks.

I have 20 seconds pretty good form advanced tuck planche(I can breath well in this pisiton)

but when I try to do a straddle planche this is what happens:

My hips are just going a bit high and I have no idea how to fix it. I can hold the tuck planche for around 60 seconds and the one leg planche for around 7 seconds.

Alexander Egebak

Dude, that is pretty impressive for 2 months and 2 weeks of progress. Some people spend 1 year getting to that point.

I would suggest just to keep grinding at it; measure additional seconds of hold time in the adv. tuck as progress and focus on quality of execution.

Have you tried the planche lean yet? It is a downgraded version of the full planche which allows you to practice the correct form of a full planche at a much lesser intensity.

Niv Bekerman
59 minutes ago, Alexander Egebak said:

Dude, that is pretty impressive for 2 months and 2 weeks of progress. Some people spend 1 year getting to that point.

I would suggest just to keep grinding at it; measure additional seconds of hold time in the adv. tuck as progress and focus on quality of execution.

Have you tried the planche lean yet? It is a downgraded version of the full planche which allows you to practice the correct form of a full planche at a much lesser intensity.

I did try it I do sets of the planche lean.

But I dont get it.. I saw people who can barely hold a 10 seconds adv tuck holding a straddle without the ass going so high..  Isnt there something i can do to be straight? is it a hip flexibility problem? thanks

Vasyl Havrylyuk

Very nice man :)

Alexander Egebak
9 hours ago, Niv Bekerman said:

I did try it I do sets of the planche lean.

But I dont get it.. I saw people who can barely hold a 10 seconds adv tuck holding a straddle without the ass going so high..  Isnt there something i can do to be straight? is it a hip flexibility problem? thanks

I do not know who these people or how well their straddle planche. There are a million ways of cheating in that position; bent legs, arched back, piked hips, lack of protraction etc. that can make the straddle planche as easy as an adv. tuck planche.

I believe your problem is shoulder strength. I do weighted dips and weighted push ups to aid my progress and it is working wonders.

Alessandro Mainente

if you cannot hold the hips flat it is due to both technical and physical preparation failure:

-technical means that that your brain does not know the exact position where the heels must be ,that is at the same height of the shoulders. the same concept it is valid for the hips.

-physical means that glutes are too weak to lift the heels in the correct position

both of these are actually covered on foundations.

Niv Bekerman
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

if you cannot hold the hips flat it is due to both technical and physical preparation failure:

-technical means reflect the exact senstion of the heels at the same position of the shoulders and hips

-physical means that glutes are too weak to lift the heels in the correct position

both of these are actually covered on foundations.

But how do I actually get my straddle straight? :/ Do I have to train my glutes?

Leo Trinidad

You definitely need to train your lower body. A more balanced program will help you attain your straddle planche in no time. As Alessandro said, these are covered in the GB Foundation Courses. :)

Niv Bekerman
On 2/15/2017 at 8:33 AM, Alexander Egebak said:

I do not know who these people or how well their straddle planche. There are a million ways of cheating in that position; bent legs, arched back, piked hips, lack of protraction etc. that can make the straddle planche as easy as an adv. tuck planche.

I believe your problem is shoulder strength. I do weighted dips and weighted push ups to aid my progress and it is working wonders.

 

 

See