This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2 - Long Hollow Wrist Rock - Pain in my hand

Started by Ryan Bradley, February 14, 2017 · 3 Replies · 81 Views

Ryan Bradley

Hello, I have been working on the handstand series. I recently moved up to PE2 but have found some pain in my right hand, It is focused in between my pointer and middle finger and only hurts when I roll the wrist upward. 

Has anyone out there ever had anything like this. It completely prevents me from completing the exercise. Do I need to just continue to work on this a little every day? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. First of all, never train through pain. I'd reccomend to see a physio or other medical professional if the pain continues. 

Feel free to submit a form check. If you can perform PE1 without pain you can keep doing these :) 

Jon Douglas

Hi Ryan,

Pauline's advice is spot on, particularly if this is sharp pain, not just a cramp or something. How is your PE1 on this exercise? Is there any strong stretching or indication of strain while doing it?

Jason Schumacher

I experience similar sharp pain in my index finger (pointer) only on my right hand doing PE1, and only when rolling wrist upwards aswell. Might sub a vid for checking...