This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7

Started by Ryan Segervall, February 14, 2017 · 32 Replies · 646 Views

Leigh Kettle

In addition to my above post my schedule looks like the folllowing (at the bottom of this post ) be interested to hear your thoughts on this )

 

like I say this is shown on my scheduler as core , upper body blocks etc as I thought this was how you were supposed to do them, as blocks so they can show the green tick over them 

However Looking at my schedule this seems to me to read as :

mon - f4

tues f6 and handstand 

wed stretch

thur f6

friday rest

Saturday f4 and handstand 

Sunday f3 and handstand 

Now I've listed it like this it seems a bit erratic and never do I do f7 in one day although adding in the sls to the f6 day wouldn't be too taxing for me . What could be taxing down the line is doing all the core elements and all the upper body elements in one session especially as pe increases . 

Any input greatly appreciated 

IMG_3117.PNG

Everett Carroll

Hi Leigh,

35 minutes ago, Leigh Kettle said:

these are only ticked completed when all exercises of, for example the core section,  are completed 

This is correct. Keep completing the entire Core, Upper Body, and Lower Body workouts in their entirety. This will allow you to train alongside the entire follow along video for each workout which will work wonders on your work capacity! 

You can try working those three workouts into a Mon/Thu and Tue/Fri schedule later on. I suggest training a schedule as close to Coach Sommer's recommended schedule as you can for 4-12 weeks (12 is more ideal) before making an adjustment. Don't worry about splitting individual elements to reflect the F4/F3 split. That is outdated Leigh. 

Jon Douglas

I recommend keeping it simple, Leigh :)

The core/upper/lower split is a lot friendlier in my opinion, more flexible,  and more accurate for where most of us are spending our time. FL sessions will be primarily core work throughout F2 and possibly into F3 level, for example.

Without wanting to confuse the issue further, I currently run an upper/core workout together in the morning, and handstand/lower/extra mobility in the afternoon. I could call this structure different names, but I prefer to just plug in one of the 3 where they fit :)

Antonio Alías Montoya
7 hours ago, Janno Rillo said:

Sounds like you are running purely on fast-burning carbs:) Maybe you should consider giving Thrive a try, as it teaches and helps you set up the eating habits that ensure stable energy levels 24/7 so that there would be no need to visit the kitchen too often. I'm currently in the middle of it and like it a lot.

Yes! I was thinking quite a lot about that lately, since I started Thrive. I started few weeks ago and I am still on early steps. I ve been having a really big problem to sleep properly since I started strenght training 2 years ago. I certainly wake up in the middle of the night when i ve trained the day before and it s impossible for me to sleep more without eating something.

Now is even more extreme since one month ago. I m eating a lot and I m always hungry, I am not getting any fatter. I used to be fat (100 kg) and lost 33 kilograms. Now my problem seems to be the opossite, I need to eat oftenly and very much. Compared to my past situation I like it but it s not optimal for training. I am always worried about it and I have to eat very late in order to sleep at least 4 hours in a row.

I m really looking forward if thrive will change that.

Leigh Kettle
22 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

I recommend keeping it simple, Leigh :)

The core/upper/lower split is a lot friendlier in my opinion, more flexible,  and more accurate for where most of us are spending our time. FL sessions will be primarily core work throughout F2 and possibly into F3 level, for example.

Without wanting to confuse the issue further, I currently run an upper/core workout together in the morning, and handstand/lower/extra mobility in the afternoon. I could call this structure different names, but I prefer to just plug in one of the 3 where they fit :)

Thanks jon

yes I'll look at keeping it simple as it seems to be working well at the minute 

thank you 

Suzanna McGee
On February 17, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Leigh Kettle said:

how would this work in ticking off what I've completed during each day and with the scheduler etc as an I right in saying our scheduler can't decipher f3 f4 only core, upper body etc 

little confused

For simplicity, F3 or F4 or F7 means that you did 3, 4, or 7 exercises that day. Core are 3, Upper are 3, Lower 1…  Depending how you do your splits, you can say you do F1, F3, F4, F6, or F7  :-)  (not sure if I am making it simple, but I think you get the point). 

I've been doing F7 twice a week for many many months now. In addition to H1/H2 twice a week, and all the stretches on the remaining days. 

After the GB Handstand Challenge that was running in January, I made a few changes. I took 7 hardest (for me) HS Challenge exercises and I work on one of them each day each week. Because my F7 workouts were getting long, I took the Legs out of it (and doing F6) and do my 10–15 minutes HS Challenge exercise instead…. I added the legs into my H1/H2 days, where I progressed from the wrists SE3 5x5r to SE4 3x1r and thus got a shorter workout. So I do my legs before my H1/H2 and it will get me nice and warm. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it works fine for now. 

Just a  little example of what F3, F4, F6, F7 numbers mean :)

Ryan Segervall

@Suzanna McGee

well said :) 

 

Leo Trinidad

Looking good. As long as you are able to complete your scheduled workout and recover enough to make it consistent then that would work. :)