This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Weekly Program! Any pointers?

Started by Justin Dungey, February 14, 2017 · 5 Replies · 153 Views

Justin Dungey

Hi folks, super excited to be here and get back into the swing of things. Just wanted to get some feedback on my program at the moment from you more experienced guys. Been going for around 3 months.

Day 1 - Foundation 1(All)

Day 2 - Middle Split Series

Day 3 - Foundation 1(All)

Day 4 - Middle Split Series

Day 5 - Foundation 1(All)

Day 6 -Rest/Other Activity

Day 7 - Middle Split Series

 

I have only just added stretching in. My back/hamstring area must be tight as I am unable to sit crosslegged without lurching forward to avoid rolling backward.

I was involved in gymnastics for around 10 years, but I mostly avoided mobility as much as I could. I'm thinking of swapping out a Middle Splits day for Thoracic Spine, need to get this mobility train moving.

Thanks guys!

Tanya Hill

Hi Justin, 

Training always goes up and down, getting back into the swing of things is the best part. 

Your schedule looks good to start with. As you continue to move forward in the Foundation courses training three times a week may be a bit much. However if your body is feeling good and you are recovering properly you can definitely hit foundations three times a week. 

The stretch courses may leave you a bit sore. If you can rotate through all three stretch courses that would be best. If you would like to do the middle split twice to three times a week just use caution that you are not over stretching! Your body will let you know. ;) 

Love seeing your rest day. Make sure you are eating, resting and giving your body proper recovery. 

Darin Phoenix

Hi Justin, 

It is difficult to give feedback on your weekly programming without some information on how you are progressing. Are you recovering between workouts? Are you finding the workouts easy, challenging? Each individual will respond differently to the programming and it is these responses that will determine if you are on the correct path.

As far as pure balance goes it would make sense for you two swap out two of the Middle Split series and replace them with one session of Thoracic Bridge and one of Front Splits apart from that please provide us with some more detailed information on your individual circumstances.

Justin Dungey

 

My body is recovering fine. I haven't really felt anything beyond light soreness as of yet. It seem so far my muscles lack endurance more so than strength. For example, I'm on RC/PE2 Step 4 (4x6r) at the moment, I suddenly begin to struggle on the last 2-3 reps of the last set. This happens just during the last 40% of the movement. 

I can already tell my mobility is going to be my biggest obstacle going forward, that's why I'm trying focus on it now. I'm definitely embracing the go slow, avoid injury concept.

I attached a screenshot of my current program below. 

Thanks a lot for your input guys, it's much appreciated!

P.S I tried to edit the post and use a smaller image. I can't seem to remove the first =S

Screen-Shot-2017-02-13-at-11.23.27-PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 11.23.27 PM.png

Alessandro Mainente

HI Justin, how many times are you training in a week?

Justin Dungey

At the moment 3 x Foundation 1. Splitting up the days with one of the Stretch courses. Also have a rest day in there. 

It's laid out a bit clearer in my initial post.