Hello, I recently started mobility and stretching following F1 and the stretch courses, but an old injury keeps bugging me. I strained (or sprained) my left QL about 4 years ago for the first time while working as a carpenter carrying 4'x8' plywood panels. Since then I have had problems with tightness in that muscle and knots (or scar tissue). I have also hurt it about once a year from that first injury. Never much (not even the first one) always a few days of rest and I was good to go. The thing is, I've never been able to get range of motion back in it without it "locking up" and feeling tighter after. Sometimes I'm lucky and light stretching (the hurdler mostly) will be ok and help a bit with it. I have strengthened it in the past with deadlifts and various kettlebell carries witch help strengthen the QL, but the tight sensation and knot that I have in it remain. I now work as a landscaper/gardener and it usually bothers me when I work long days kneeling/bending forward.
I have seen 3 physical therapists through the years for correctives and see a chiropractor regularly for maintenance but none of them seem to have been able to help me get rid of the problem. I tried some massages with a tennis ball or rumble roller too.
I just might be missing some crucial part of the equation to help me get that muscle back to normal working order, anyone have insight on how to go about stretching/mobilizing?