This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

J-curl Struggles

Started by James Kay, February 13, 2017 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

James Kay

Hello! I am going to get a tripod for my phone soon so I'll probablly post a video for a form check but in regards to the Jefferson curl, I am just getting past my toes now after probably at least 2 months of doing it (I've been on step 9 for what seems like forever) and I had 2 questions:

1) Would it be alright for me to pass myself and just work on the J-curl after the workout? I've already had the straddle up strength for weeks.

and

2) I can't seem to get my legs to come apart like everyone in the videos; my legs seem to stay glued together all the way up whereas in the videos I noticed the feet were together but right after that the legs come apart a little to be more in line with the hips. Is there something wrong with the way I am doing them or anything I can do to correct this?

Pauline Taube

Hi James, 

Thanks for reaching out.

I would suggest submitting a form check of your J-curl asap so we can give you some personal feedback. You cannot pass yourself until you've mastered the element with acceptable form. 

For the straddle ups, this will require hip mobility. Are you doing the Middle Split series ATM? This course will help you getting the hip mobility required in order to master the movement. 

Please submit a form check of both exercises, looking forward to see your progress :)