This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE4

Started by Henning Blom 243536, February 13, 2017 · 6 Replies · 188 Views

Henning Blom 243536

The Elevated Deck squat is just waaay too easy to do. I decided to move onto the Deck Squat which is also easy to do, but is at least something that can be worked on. However, the iM for PE4 is not up to par. Is it ok to do the regular Deck Squats while grinding out the iM to catch up? My plan is that I will stay on PE4 progressions in the programming, but replacing the EDS for DS instead so I get to work on the PE4 iM.

Andy Desak 36466

Not actually doing the pistol progressions in this routine but I was checking out the mobility exercises...

I saw your post but I was actually coming here to point out that the video for PE4 is showing mobility for both the exercise and the mobility links...

Was it doing that for you?

Bill Marr

Good plan. Deck squats used to be an earlier progression in SLS but seemed to be too difficult that early on for many. Hence the elevated version. If you can do the regular deck squats, pair that with the PE4 iM like you say. Just don't go on to PE6 until you get the PE5 iM mastered.

Henning Blom 243536

Aah, alright. Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I have always had a very good depth on my squats, so managing the depth required for Deck Squat is not a problem for me, so doing them elevated just felt like it does nothing for evolving.

I wont jump ahead. This iM is good for me. I don't think the iM for PE5 will be as tough, but we will see when I get there. Maybe I'll just add a mat to Deck Squat onto when I reach PE5 to challenge myself even more :) 

Leigh Kettle
On 13/02/2017 at 9:53 PM, Andy Desak 36466 said:

Not actually doing the pistol progressions in this routine but I was checking out the mobility exercises...

I saw your post but I was actually coming here to point out that the video for PE4 is showing mobility for both the exercise and the mobility links...

Was it doing that for you?

Hi Andy 

this is most certainly an issue that hasn't yet been resolved as I've recently moved onto this progression and wanted to Check out wesleys instructions 

are you still having g trouble with this 

Leigh 

Andy Desak 36466
On 3/17/2017 at 2:37 PM, Leigh Kettle said:

Hi Andy 

this is most certainly an issue that hasn't yet been resolved as I've recently moved onto this progression and wanted to Check out wesleys instructions 

are you still having g trouble with this 

Leigh 

Sorry Leigh... just saw your post. It appears to be updated.... you'd think they would have mentioned that here.

Leigh Kettle

Hey Andy no worries,

yes I noticed the other day it had been updated . Just trying to figure out some form of Matt now to do the exercise lol