This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What other GB courses are you doing concurrent with F1?

Started by Chris Umiastowski, February 13, 2017 · 7 Replies · 180 Views

Chris Umiastowski

Hey folks,

I'm interested to know what other GB course you've purchased to work with as you work through F1.  I started F1 in early January and I absolutely love it so far. I'm doing the core/upper/lower splits on three separate days and typically I can get 5-6 workouts in per week so I manage to get through the full body workout almost twice per week.

I'm interested in progressing in all areas including flexibility (splits series, bridge course) as well as handstands. What an awesome show of strength to be able to press into a handstand. I'm 42 now and when I'm 50 I fully expect to be making this stuff look easy :)

What's the ideal pair (or trio?) that includes F1? What are you using and how are you experiencing the training so far?  

Thanks for all feedback,

Chris

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your training. You have some great goals, we've had clients who started your age who gained an incredible amount of strength and mobility. I love the fact that you are setting long term goals, being patient and work your way through the progressions will definitely pay off :) you'll be surprised by the strength you'll gain with GST. 

It will definitely be helpful for you to add the Stretch series and Handstand courses to your weekly schedule. These will help you to achieve the strength and flexibility required for the press Handstand :) 

Make sure to keep us posted on your progress. Looking forward to see your strength and mobility gains :D 

Everett Carroll

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you are so happy with Foundations! I second Pauline's advice: the Stretch Series, Handstand One, Handstand Two, and Tumbling One are all going to be beneficial to your training. I listed them in order of priority so if you can't invest in all of them at once, you can go down the list and add more when you can. With consistency and patience you will easily achieve your goal in 8 years! :) Just ask @Mats Trane

Chris Umiastowski

Thanks for the helpful comments, Pauline and Everett!  After about 15-16 years of stopping weights in favour of body weight exercises (including Combat Conditioning mostly), I'm absolutely loving the GB stuff because it really pushes me to focus more on mobility plus it's overall just more interesting to do.  I'll take your advice and invest in the split series next. Then H1. I'm sure that over the next couple of years I'll own every course. As a guy who's entire business is built around online training, I certainly understand the value of investing in myself.  It's the best gift you can give yourself.

Chris

 

Bill Marr

Hey Chris... I started with Fundamentals in spring '16 while on an extended business trip in Australia after listening to Coach on the first Tim Ferriss podcast. In August I purchased F1 and dove into it. Am now doing each F1 modality twice a week. I have since acquired the entire split series which I am doing religiously on a weekly basis and H1, doing three time per week. The stretch series is awesome yet humbling... sore as hell but in a good way. I've seen terrific gains already. Presently working through a torn meniscus in my left knee due to a brain-dead soccer injury... but have dialed back the SLS progressions to help with my recovery. 

I am getting stronger and more mobile every week. Loving the results. My goal...I turn 60 in July '18 and will be doing a full side lever on my birthday!

Enjoy the journey!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Stretch series and Handstand 1.

Malcolm Watters

I have f1, the 3 stretch series and hs1.  I just turned 45 and would love to get the press handstand done one day.  The one thing I've learned is it takes a lot of mobility to get that done and I'm a long way from being there.  I've kinda put the HS workouts in the backburner for now.  With the limited amount of free time I wanna focus on the stretches and f1 in my time.  

 

Good luck

 

Mats Trane

Train patiently and quietly. The results will always come. 

I have done mistakes along the any but learnt through them. If I could redo it I would have spent more time on mobility than strenght especially in the beginning. Without the mobility there is always a greater chance to get hurt and when you get hurt that's when it starts to suck! Not only do you have to do (boring) rehab until you get pain free BUT you also have to spend time to get back to where you were before you got hurt.