This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 + iM

Started by Adrian Theopold, February 13, 2017 · 5 Replies · 81 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hey would like to have some feedback on the form of my tripod. This is the 4th set, duration always depends on how the set feels, as I can't get a good look at my watch during exercise.

At the moment I'm trying to put maximum pressure on the hands and try to not let the knee rest too strongly on my elbows (as it doesn't feel very comfortable then).

When I put more pressure on my head the exercise gets a lot easier, especially lifting the legs. But it seems to put some stress on my neck, as then I notice a ringing in my right ear (don't know why just this side) which vanishes after 1 minute or so. I don't have kneck or head pain afterwards, only thing I notice is that the neck feels worked after 4th set.

Regarding the iM, in the gym I train with weight trying to maintain the same form as without.

Thanks for you Input, Adrian

(forgot to delete the audio of the video and found the music from youtube more appropriate than my moaning :lol:)

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Adrian, Videos are not available.

Adrian Theopold

Sry, wrong YouTube setting... Seems to work now.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Adrian,

It looks like you're doing a fairly good job. You are a bit shaky on your tripod. Keep working on stability as you hold.

On your iM bring your hands in a little bit more until they are shoulder width apart. Please also post a video of this iM taken from the side so that we can give you better feedback.

Pauline Taube

Hi Adrian,

Good tips from Jeffrey. To keep track on time I'd reccomend using a metronome :) 

Adrian Theopold

Here's a video from the iM with 5kg of weight and shoulder width grip.

The tripod is indeed shaking strongly on the last set, will work on these. I noticed that it helps to keep the arms tight at all times and not let them flare out.

Thanks @Pauline Taube for the idea with the metronome, downloaded an app and set the time for a "ping" on 6 seconds, works quite well.

Only question I still have is about the ringing in my ear after the PE, as i don't see improvement here in the last month. Will this vanish someday? I tried some handstands on the wall half a year ago and haven't had these issues back then, so it's definitely coming from the strain on my neck.