This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation one core (took like 10 minutes)

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, February 12, 2017 · 5 Replies · 228 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

I purchased foundation one today and I set my calendar that I want to do core workout. The workout basically lasted for like 10 minutes. However I remember reading that the foundation workouts last from anywhere between 35 -60 minutes. Do I have the right settings or does the program just build gradually?

Malcolm Watters

If you progress using the smiley faces it will increase pretty fast. 

Bill Marr

Enjoy the smooth intro to Foundation. As you burn through the various progressions and sub-progressions within, you will start adding time to your workouts. Each new progression begins with a low number of sets and reps to acclimatise your body to the new movement. When you start hitting mastery levels of the various progressions, you will take much more time to complete workouts. Workout times will ebb and flow based on where you are in each discipline relative to mastery. Welcome and have fun!

Everett Carroll

Welcome Nikhil!

Like Bill said, the workouts will increase in difficulty over the weeks and months. Each new progression starts off on step one, which is often quite easy, and gradually builds from there. Use the first steps to practice your form and get used to the movements. This is a great time to submit form checks and ask questions about the exercises. 

Douglas Wadle

I started off doing full F7 (legs, upper, core) all in one workout.  Fairly quickly your volume will build and that will be too much, probably, for you to do in 1 workout for  a while.  Make sure you spend about 5-10 minutes warming up and 5-10 minutes limbering afterwards, that can at least get you to a half hour workout for the time being.  

Nikhil Das Nomula

Thank you everyone for the support and information. Looking forward to it. As aforementioned, will submit my poses and form so that I can get the basics right