This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS WP/PE3 Kneeling Wrist Walk

Started by Stuart McFarlane, February 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 77 Views

Stuart McFarlane

Team,

Need some help on this one.  I get in the same position as the demo athlete.  This puts quite a lot of weight through the wrists (as intended I assume since we've moved from the wall to the floor to build the weight).

When I do the movement as I ground the back of my hand my elbow bends slightly and of course I then crumble and would end up face planting the ground.  I assume this shows I am not near mastery - perhaps "face plant" should be one of the results smileys.

Anyway what is this telling me?  That my wrist mobility is the limiting factor as I should be able complete the wrist range of motion without any bend at my elbow?

Stuart

Everett Carroll

Hi Stuart,

I suggest returning back to PE1 and posting a form check. If you get a pass and you are able to complete step 9, do the same for PE2. The elbow bend may have been a bad habit picked up early on in your wrist preparation and needs to be worked out with the easier progressions. Lets start with a video and go from there. 

Stuart McFarlane

Cheers @Everett Carroll I'll send one your way