This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HPB/PE3 form feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, February 12, 2017 · 20 Replies · 318 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi George,

You are looking okay on this one. You are forgetting to hit protraction and PPT before you begin your lean. These two things are essential to this exercise as well as your progress in GST. Don't forget to hit a solid position before trying to lean.

Your iM looks good. As your arm is by your ear, remember to push tall through the shoulder.

Leo Trinidad

I agree with Jeffrey. Hitting protraction and PPT can refined when doing your cat-cow position, forearm plank, straight arm plank, single arm plank, planche lean and incline pushup. Keep working on it George. :)

Alessandro Mainente

PLease use a video service provider like youtube, vimeo etc and put the video on unlisted.

For the exercise execuion there is a general error:

-if you stay on the tiptoes you are reducing the amount of lean by moving back the heels (you can notice it in the video). in fact the exercise should be executed on the instep so that you cannot compensate.

-some piking in the hips it is showed, this means a loss of leaning.

The IM looks fine.

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente, I am a bit confused on your tiptoe feedback. Do you mean that I need to move my body more forward so my foot is not vertical but the top of my foot is more in contact with the ground?

As for the uploading, I find it easier to upload to Google drive as private, get a shared link and share with the forum. If that is an issue or some sort of breach of agreement please let me know and I will try the youtube upload.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Alessandro Mainente

This is HBP PE3, whatch carefully the course video. actually you are not supporting correctly the weight. in the video course the INSTEP (the neck of the feet) it is used to support the weight and not the toes.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I watched the instruction video again and noticed I missed a few of the key points :) I thought that the challenge was the pushup, but the real challenge is to get in proper position. Here is another short video of me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9dUx1c29TQ2ZoaHM

Any better?

Thanks,

George

Kai Ewert

You could still improve PPT and also protraction at the top of the pushup, but the main issue is what Alessandro pointed out. Through the set, you move more and more from the top of the foot to the top of the toes. I do the same thing (as do the folks in the follow along video...), I guess it does make it easier probably by reducing the lean. I find I have to reset the position at the top to prevent this from happening

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi George,

Nice improvement. You are doing a better job of both PPT and protraction, however, as Kai said, I would still like to see more. You are headed in the right direction, keep it up!

Leo Trinidad

Hi George,

Keep working on it. Good points by Kai and Jeffrey. Make sure to keep your body line tight. Be light on your feet and make sure that when you lean to protract and depress your scaps. :)

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks guys. It seems that this exercise is more complicated than what just meets the eye. I will work on it for a few weeks and post another video.

Jeffrey Bittner

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one, George!

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely better, personal suggestion: try to no rest too much on the instep, you should feel quite relaxed on the feet, this can avoid the tendency of using the friction of the feet as a way to reduce the sensation of "falling forward", let the shoulders to do this work.

Kai Ewert

Looking strong! Nice improvement with the foot positioning!!

Curious to read what the coaches will say regarding the amount of PPT. I've seen Alessandro say something like "the hips should touch the ground first, then the chest", but in theory in full hollow position/ in the instructional videos, it seems that only the face of the athlete actually would touch/touches... If needed, it seems like a fairly straightforward correction to make, you look plenty strong!

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente, @Jeffrey Bittner, @Leo Trinidad any feedback please?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi George , repetitions still show a little piking at the beginning of the ascent part. you need to have always flat hips.

George Traganidas 235308

Sorry, but I am a bit lost. How do I prevent the piking? Doesn't PPT give you picking at the hips?

Affan Osman

PPT won't give you pike at the hips. When core and glutes are tight the pike should go away and there will be a straight line from top of shoulder to hips to legs. Looking in mirror and just try holding that position at top should help build awareness of that position. 

Marcus Patterson

Yep I think you get a little atp at the bottom too, what do the pro´s think?¿ Looking a lot better tho!