This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seal Check Form

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, February 11, 2017 · 10 Replies · 174 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi all!

I ve been 4 months working in the TB stretch series and still I am not able to do the last part of it (bridge work). My thoracic and shoulder mobility is the worst. When I checked myself in front of a mirror doing seal and seal rock I realized my back is straight, not extended. I am trying to do my best depressing and retracting my shoulders and extending my upper back while trying no to flex my lower back engaging my abs. I m not sure if I am working properly or it s just terrible mobility. Advice would be much aprecciated!

 

DSC00156.JPG

Alessandro Mainente

HI Antonio, you have some very very tight hips flexor , i suggest to add the front split series.

Antonio Alías Montoya
20 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Antonio, you have some very very tight hips flexor , i suggest to add the front split series.

Hahaha, yes, I noticed. I am already working on the front split series. I decided to add the vertical lunge bent strecht more often in my workouts. At least twice in the week, apart from the FS day. Do you recommed me doing it daily? I am also doing this strecht with the leg in the floor to target more the psoas.

Alessandro Mainente

Probably yes.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Antonio Alías Montoya, also try to do your seal stretch on straddle as a warmup before doing it with legs together. I hope this helps. Keep working on it.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Never thought about it Leo! Thanks, good advice.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi coaches, how it is my form now? Is there some amount of improvement? Thanks.

IMG_20171025_184624.jpg

IMG_20171025_185009.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Antonio, remember to pinch the shoulder blades together and hold the scapulae depressed all the time. a little external rotation of the upper arm could help you. You can evaluate to scale down the exercise by straddling the legs.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Ok, thanks!

Frank Santasiero

I think there is a lot of improvement since February.

Antonio Alías Montoya
52 minutes ago, Frank Santasiero said:

I think there is a lot of improvement since February.

Thanks Frank. I think there is more improvement in my quads and less in my thoracic, but still improvement :-)