This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training Log

Started by Landon Stubberfield, February 11, 2017 · 5 Replies · 34 Views

Landon Stubberfield

So I only have the book "building the gymnastic body" so I'm aware my routine will not be complete and polished but I'm doing my best. Im also working in camp on a little island so for privacy and access reasons I'll just be doing core, leg and planche work there, at home I can be more thorough. I'm also ironing out things as I go so any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

 

Feb 10th

warmup: wrist exercises

warmup: shoulder rolls, bodyweight face pulls, serratus pushups, supermen

5 second tuck planche---> 3 tuck planche push-ups 

12 second adv frog stand---> 3 pseudo planche push-ups 

10 second planche lean---> 3 pseudo planche push-ups 

10 second isometric planche press 

headstand---> headstand push-up--->headstand 

prone half-lay---> headstand---> prone half-lay

 

The face pulls where done with a towel caught in a closed door. So for the tuck planche I did 30 seconds worth of static holds, it felt right to stop at 30. I'll work up to 60. Adv frog stands and leans I did 60 seconds each. The leans will forever be 10 second holds cuz I make them as hard as I can handle for 10 seconds. The headstand push-ups where hit or miss for resetting back to a headstand, I'd usually lose control at the top and not get back to a headstand, did 10. The last exercise I made up, it just feels like it'd be a good one to include to build up to plan he's so it's here, did 5. All rest periods where untimed, I'd just do the next set when I felt good to go.

 

 

Landon Stubberfield

Feb 17

warmup: wrist exercises

warmup: shoulder rolls, bodyweight face pulls, serratus pushups, supermen

8,10,10,8,5,5 second tuck planche---> 3 tuck planche push-ups 

15,15,15,15 second adv frog stand---> 3 pseudo planche push-ups 

10,10,10,10,10,10 second planche lean---> 3 pseudo planche push-ups 

10,10,10,10,10,10 second isometric planche press 

 

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 headstand---> headstand push-up--->headstand 

1,1,1,1,1 prone half-lay---> headstand---> prone half-lay

 

The tuck planche's where surprisingly easy especially considering I feel worn out today, for this reason I'm doing the headstand work later on tonight but posting this now. After the 2 ten second holds of the tuck I was pretty much at the 30 seconds I said I would keep it at last time but figured I'd cut back the lengths and do 45 seconds and be doing 6 sets like last time. I think it's easier cuz the balance felt more solid this time. My form on the tuck planche push-ups though leaves much to be desired though, as I push my hips drop down but if I manage to keep them level for the first bit I don't really make it all the way up, not without dropping my hips. At least I know what's wrong, just have to work on it

 

 

edit: it just dawned on me, it's weakness in my triceps that's making me rock back :-) oh yas 

Landon Stubberfield

Been doing some research on more fundamental movements. Messed around a lot today with the hollow body hold and the bridge, these where a couple things brought up in some emails I got from this site.

Wow, I am so inflexible I can't do anything resembling a bridge. I will be setting some time aside to work on this, probably using the stairs to work my way lower and lower and that yoga pose that's like the end position of a Hindu or dive bomber push-up. Oh and also I will have to be careful with it, I pulled a muscle in my back a bit ago and it got a bit tight after my bastardized bridge.

The hollow body hold on the other hand I can do, I shake since its new to me but can do about a 30 second hold in what I'm pretty sure is good form. Still I will keep working on it and see what sorts of things I can pick up on as I get more familiar with it. I'm sure as I become more familiar with it I will find things to tweak with form.

I also figure I should work on my middle splits so I can make straddle progressions a bit easier. I'm an inflexible person so the bridge and this will be the most trying.

Goofed around with rocking from a tucked L-sit to a tuck planche on my push-up bars. It's much harder than simply raising into a tuck planche. It might be useful for me to use embedded static holds in my training. I'll mess around with different entrances and exits on off days like today to get more familiar with them.

Spent probably a good half hour messing around with wrist exercises, hollow body hold, other exercises utilizing a hollow body and bridge today.

Everett Carroll
9 minutes ago, Landon Stubberfield said:

I also figure I should work on my middle splits so I can make straddle progressions a bit easier. I'm an inflexible person so the bridge and this will be the most trying.

I hope you have the Stretch Series Landon ;) Keep at it!

Landon Stubberfield
Quote

I hope you have the Stretch Series Landon  Keep at it!

No I don't, cant afford all these courses hes selling. Wish he still had the books for sale like the one I have. I regret not buying the whole series when I could. But its possible Ill get one if progress stalls too much or if Im at a total loss of what to do.

 

Feb 19

10,6,10,9,10,6*,5* Ring flat tuck front levers

15,15,15,15 tuck front levers

3 sets 5 reps Ring pullups

3 sets 30 second hollow hold+30 second Hindu stretch

 

My planned workout kind of fell apart, I started off doing flat tuck rows after my static but I wasnt pulling as high as Id like so I dropped them. Should have done tuck rows but kind of just kept doing pure statics cuz it slipped my mind.

The last two flat tucks I couldn't keep my shoulders retracted, I forgot to warm up but like I do serratus push-ups for my planche warmup I will be doing scapula retractions in a row position in the future. Tuck front levers are cake, could go longer but decided to keep form as solid as possible. All the static work sure cut my pullup numbers down, I can normally do about triple that.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Landon Stubberfield,

Looking at your posts, I would suggest that you save up and invest for Foundation Series. This is the best investment since you have BTGB book. You'll be able to appreciate and understand that book better if you are doing foundations. :)