- Let me know if there is anything I can improve on. Also, is this an appropriate set up for this exercise?
Thanks!
Ryan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ryan Segervall, February 10, 2017 · 12 Replies · 121 Views
- Let me know if there is anything I can improve on. Also, is this an appropriate set up for this exercise?
Thanks!
Ryan
Hey Ryan,
Excellent job. Your form looks great and that arch-up setup looks perfect. Keep at it!
Here is 4x10. The last set was a bear but I feel I made it through without letting my form go to far south, however on my last 3 reps i felt as if I wasnt getting as far up as I was on the other reps. Stay Here or regress back down? RPE was around 8.5 ( 1rep left maybe 2)
- I tried to prevent/limit any knee bend as in the past there has been some notable knee bend especially as I reach my end range. Let me know how it looks.
Thanks,
Ryan
Hi @Ryan Segervall,
Awesome work and progress. You know its time to move on. ![]()
- This is my final set of 5x10.
Wondering if there is anything that stands out. I am going to stay here for another week or two till this volume gets easier. Also note that I miss counted at stopped at rep 9 in this video.
- another one of my concerns is the amount of extension in my lumbar spine. I feel like decreasing range of motion slightly could be more beneficial/less damaging on my lower back. Thoughts?
Hi Ryan,
It looks good. You are bending your knees slightly on some of your reps. Work on keeping them straight. You are also picking up a small jerking motion as you begin your lift which takes away from the strength required for this movement. Work on smoothing out your reps. Altogether you are doing a nice job!
@Jeffrey Bittner
I see that knee bend and in the past getting a strong contraction in the glutes before arching up / slowing down my ascent help prevent that. I will clean it up and report back in about 2 weeks time after I get another 2 sessions of Mastery Volume under my belt.
Then we will see about progressing
Way to get after it, Ryan. You're doing an awesome job!
^ 5th set of 5x10
- Still getting a bit of knee bend but the quality of contraction was really good throughout the set. is this an expectable amount or are you looking for zero degrees of knee bend?
- I think I need to focus a little bit more on locking the knees out by contracting the quads during the rep while maintaing a solid contraction of the glutes.
- Slowing it down and contracting the glutes before each rep got rid of the momentum Seen in last weeks session.
what are your thoughts?
It looks a lot better, Ryan. Nice work. Take the time to focus on the knees. Another week and you'll be good to go!
@Jeffrey Bittner
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll check back in next week
First off sorry about the angle. Not sure why its sideways
secondly I feel ready to click that smiley face and progress onwards to PE5.
thoughts? @Jeffrey Bittner
Great job, Ryan! You are ready to move on. Way to get after it and not accept anything but perfection. Keep it up!