This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check MN/SE2

Started by Dmitriy Ivanov, February 9, 2017 · 7 Replies · 162 Views

Dmitriy Ivanov

Form check please. ) 

Strength and coupled mobility)

MN/SE2-IM 

MN/SE2 

 

Winter Phoenix

Hi Dmitriy,

Welcome to video review!

For MN/SE2 it would be great if you could to put the parallettes up onto two boxes or benches so that you can be higher enabling you to press your hips forward. Your starting position should be a 90 degree bend at the waist, then extend your single to straight from here.

MN/PEiM looks like you are rocking back to create leverage, I would like to see you use more pike compression for this, contracting your hip flexors. Try to get your hands as close to your ankles as possible.

Keep up the great work and feel free to post more videos for form review.

 

Dmitriy Ivanov

Awesome.  Thx for the reply)

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dmitriy, some tips for you:

-for the PE it is an L-sit development, so I prefer to see the legs parallele to the floor, boths legs

-for the IM, place the palms of the floor and lift up the fingers so that you cannot help the position.

Dmitriy Ivanov
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 0:31 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Dmitriy, some tips for you:

-for the PE it is an L-sit development, so I prefer to see the legs parallele to the floor, boths legs

-for the IM, place the palms of the floor and lift up the fingers so that you cannot help the position.

How does this look? I found myself shaking more in this position but I guess that is because I'm engaging the right muscle groups and am not used to this right position. Please comment and check my form here. Regards

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work here, remember to strongly depress the shoulders.

Dmitriy Ivanov
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 0:31 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Dmitriy, some tips for you:

-for the PE it is an L-sit development, so I prefer to see the legs parallele to the floor, boths legs

-for the IM, place the palms of the floor and lift up the fingers so that you cannot help the position.

Hi. Can you elaborate on the " place the palms of the floor and lift the fingers" 

Do you mean to put pressure just on the fingertips? Or...

Alessandro Mainente

seated pike.png