This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hyper extension in elbow advice

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 100 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

first and foremost I want to say a massive thank you to all you guys here who are all so helpful and willing to share advice that can help us . Ryan severgall deserves a special mention in how great he has been in trying to help me with the issues Im going to  talk about below so massive appreciation to him  

 I have started a thread a bit back regarding my current elbow injury and it has bought to my attention a number of factors . Namely the hyper extension in my elbows which I always knew about but was told early on it shouldn't be detriment to my straight arm work . 

I just  wondered if anyone of you particularly the coaches on here could give me some feedback on my situation and how my straight arm work may or may not be affected . I always fully lock out during all straight arm work but I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor to my pain .

taking the arm slightly off straight and flexing my bicep takes a lot of the strain/discomfort away , but it's not a true lock so I've never done that 

ive included 2 pictures showing the extent of my hyper extension both supine and prone . 

Many thanks 

Leigh

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

There are some degrees of hyperextension here, in my opinion you need to check a physio in order to see if there are elbows ligaments/tendons/capsule laxity.

Leigh Kettle

Thank you alessandro . 

Tanya Hill

Take care Leigh. Let us know what physio says. Keep in mind to never work through elbow pain. :)