This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE5 - advice needed

Started by Tom Dines, February 8, 2017 · 8 Replies · 124 Views

Tom Dines

Hi all, 

I'm currently on PE 5 for Manna, and I'm finding it far too easy. However, I don't yet have the mobility to straighten my legs at the top of the range of motion for PE 6, so essentially one is far too easy, and I'm not yet physically able to do the next. Any advice?

Pauline Taube

Hi Tom, 

If you can't perform the integrated mobility you will have to stick with the strength element until your mobility catches up. How are you doing with Jefferson curls and your pike? It would be helpful if you could submit a form check. This way you can get some personal feedback on what you'll need to work on :) 

Leo Trinidad

Tom,

Pauline is correct. You need to make sure that the previous elements and mobilities are mastered. You also need to polish those progressions even if you have already finished them. In my experience, going back to PE1 with the corresponding mobility is my game changer. You'll find that you can refine and make your form better on the previous elements as you advance further along. :)

Garrick Sevilla

@Tom Dines are you also finding the vertical pike walk (PE5>iM) too easy?  If you can get to a distance of one bar (or even two bars) between your hands and feet, you should have enough mobility to straighten your legs at the top of PE6.

I also find PE5 too easy, but am still working to get one-bar distance on PE5>iM.  So to make PE5 harder, I lift my legs as high as possible without closing my shoulders.  I can now get my toes to to the bar and am working to get them underneath it.

Tom Dines

@Pauline Taube My pike is still pretty basic, but I'm working on it. I haven't been doing jefferson curls on a regular basis, should I be doing those alongside my normal programming?

@Leo Trinidad Ok, will do. Thanks!

 

Benjamin Renaud

@Tom Dinesmight not be the right way to go, but before coming to GST I was practicing hanging leg raise regressions on a board set up on stall bars. Look up my post in the equipment section to see what I'm talking about. Might help you out if you can do something similar. Now that I got Foundation 1 though I'm back at square 1, might take a while before I get back to HLRs.

Pauline Taube

@Tom Dines I would highly reccomend to add Jefferson curls to your weekly schedule again. I suggest adding them at least 2 times per week. As Leo suggest I would also reccomend to add previously mastered PE's and iM in your warmup and cooldown. Refining the basics will help you a lot later ;) 

To speed up your progress more on the pike you may consider to do the Front Split course once a week. This will definitely help you improve your pike by releasing tight hamstrings and calves even more!

Looking forward to see you master these soon :D 

Tom Dines

@Pauline Taube Ok great, consider them added! Thanks so much for your help!

Pauline Taube

You're most welcome,  Tom. Let us know how you do :D