This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100205

Started by Coach Sommer, February 5, 2010 · 4 Replies · 1,038 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20100205.jpg

Complete the following:

10 min of HS Wall Runs

rest 3-5 minutes

3x6 Box Press HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

2) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

3) Adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

xi xia

Hi Coach,

I dread this workout. However, I've been experiencing improvement every time it comes up. I keep track of time, sets, and steps taken. This is the result from today.

4332329229_d3a274cb89.jpg

27:00 total time, 17 sets, 390-395 steps. I draw a line 12" away from the wall and the step only counts if the heel of the support is within 12" of the wall.

on 1/5/2010, 26:57 , 18 sets, 342 steps.

on 12/4/2010 28:53, 18 sets, 318 steps.

on 10/23/2009 25:40, did not count sets or steps.

I'm feeling like I would like to add some variety to this workout the next time it comes up. Anything to reduce the dread :wink:

jl5555
xi xia said:
27:00 total time, 17 sets, 390-395 steps. I draw a line 12" away from the wall and the step only counts if the heel of the support is within 12" of the wall.

...I'm feeling like I would like to add some variety to this workout the next time it comes up. Anything to reduce the dread

edited for mass stupidity on my part!!! :lol:

Jason Stein

Uhhh dude, XX didn't do 27 minutes of Wall Running. It took him 27 minutes to accumulate 10 minutes total.

The column on the left in his photo ("T") is the time in seconds of each set of Wall Running he managed before he had to rest.

27 minutes of Wall Running would be burly.

Coach Sommer
xi xia said:
I'm feeling like I would like to add some variety to this workout the next time it comes up. Anything to reduce the dread

It is simply best to perform the workout as prescribed without attempting to lessen the training impact.

However, it is also quite possible that 10 minutes total aggregate time is currently too demanding for you to complete with a reasonable degree of effort. Remember that this is training, not a military interrogation. You may want to consider scaling back to 7 or 8 minutes total aggregate time, and then adding another minute every month or two.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer