This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder Pain from Dips

Started by Chris Carnazzo, February 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 122 Views

Chris Carnazzo

Hello. I've recently developed a nagging pain in my right shoulder.  It become quite sharp. Especially when I do dips. I went from being able to do 10-15 reps unbroken to not being able to perform the movement at all. Any ideas on how to remedy?  Other overhead work (snatch, jerk, handstands) does not bother it at all. Only dips. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Chris , can you say more about your execution please? scapulae position? body inclination?

can you post a video?

Chris Carnazzo

Hi.  I took a month off an re-tested today.  Pretty much pain free.  I'll post a video tomorrow, forgot to ask someone to record.  IF I had to guess, after visiting a chiro, I was probably letting my shoulders drift forward and out of position.  Once I rested and retested with shoulders depressed, problems went away.  Thanks for the follow up.