I apologize in advance if my understanding on the topic and questions cause confusion, but hopefully the point to my core question makes sense, and someone can help shed some light--
In trying to obtain a better understanding of the biological and physical factors that contribute to continually improving in the GB courses and GST in general: increasing neural strength, connective tissue strength, and muscular tissue strength (as well as continually improving flexibility/mobility and skill technique):
Is it still possible to increase neural and connective tissue strength, while in a caloric deficit?
For example, I have been in 500 calorie deficit (2 refeeds per week on my F7 days) for a few months now, yet I still have been able to progress in my course work, by at least one step, every other week. I understand that I may eventually hit a larger plateau (slower progression), and that being in a caloric deficit is not ideal, but is it still possible?
Also, can anyone speak to or provide more information on what ideal environment the body needs to be in in order for connective tissue to repair adequately, to grow stronger, and to be prepared for each next GB workout session? Assuming increasing connective tissue strength is the most important contributing factor.
From personal anecdotal experience, I can say that a key contributing factor to my continual progression lately is that I am getting leaner (and lighter), as a result of my cut. This is making the course work easier for me, especially in F7, as I have less body weight to push and pull. The core workouts are especially easier as well (less fat to move around LOL).
FYI, I will be done cutting in less than a month once I reach my goal bodyfat percentage of 8%. I then plan on eating at maintenance on my stretch/rest days, and in a slight surplus on my F7 days, in the hopes of having my body in the ideal environment for optimal progression in the GB courses.
Thanks!