This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Meal Frequency

Started by Patrick Poblocki, February 6, 2017 · 3 Replies · 86 Views

Patrick Poblocki

Hi all.  New to Thrive.  I'm on task three.  

Having come from a pretty disordered eating past:  flip flopping from IF to RP to CBL to CN to Paleo, etc.  I have not really achieved a best eating schedule.  When starting THRIVE, I was eating in a compressed window from 11am to 6pm.  

I have since stopped that.  

As I develop these habits, though, I'm assuming down the road there will be a task relative to meal frequency (i.e., eat when hungry, eat 3 x per day, or eat every 3 hrs, etc.).  I want to get into a healthy pattern as soon as possible, so, without rushing to the end of the program, is there any general advice regarding meal frequency that can set me on the right path?

Currently, I'm eating breakfast most days.  Usually 3 meals per day.  Often a mid-afternoon snack of fruit, which is pre-workout. Sometimes, if I'm not hungry or pressed for time, I skip breakfast and eat two large meals.  

Thanks,

Patrick 

Matic Balantic

My advice - eat 3 or 4 times per day, depending on what works best for you and don't snack. When you eat, you eat and when you don't ... well, you don't ;)

Everett Carroll

Hey Patrick,

3 meals per day sounds excellent to me. As you progress through the course you will receive more and more breakfast, lunch, and dinner tasks, steadily improving and optimizing each meal. 

Patrick Poblocki

Great!  That's what I like best.  Thanks.