This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Backwards completing of tasks

Started by Peter Varga, February 6, 2017 · 9 Replies · 212 Views

Peter Varga

Hi, is it possible to complete the tasks for e.g. "yesterday"?

What sometimes happen to me is that even tough I've actually eaten according to the plan I don't get to "tick it" here in the GB online tool. (e.g. I was out on a date in the evening) Then I loose all the progress and have to wait another 7-10days to progress in Thrive even though technically speaking I've been eating accordingly all the time. The whole thing is trust based so I assume I should be allowed to judge if I completed all the tasks yday or not.

Cheers!

Winter Phoenix

Hi Peter,

Thrive is a behaviour based nutrition system that has been designed with two main parts. Part 1 is eating the correct food and part 2 is logging your results. Tasks are unlocked for you upon demonstration of consistent behaviour. Failure to log the tasks in the system is the same as failing to complete the tasks. The reason most people fail at changing their diets is not due to a lack of knowledge, it's usually due to failing to consistently make the correct behaviour choices. We are here to assist you on your journey in modifying your nutritional behaviours, we do this by making you accountable.

Pauline Taube

If you find it difficult to remember logging your tasks I suggest to set an alarm to remind you ;) 

Julia Quigley

You know, few things are sexier than a man who is self disciplined. Don't be afraid to take two minutes to log Thrive on your date ;)

Jeff Serven

Peter do you want me to make you a participation award too? 

Timothy Aiken

I have also had this same question. Some days I don't get home until 11:30-11:45, and after dinner it is often past 12:00 and then when I go to log I have lost my progress. I don't see much harm in allowing back logging of one day.

 

Edit: I have been reading around the Thrive forums and see that this has been raised before and will not be changing. I will just get with the program along with everyone else. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
23 hours ago, Timothy Aiken said:

I have also had this same question. Some days I don't get home until 11:30-11:45, and after dinner it is often past 12:00 and then when I go to log I have lost my progress. I don't see much harm in allowing back logging of one day.

 

Edit: I have been reading around the Thrive forums and see that this has been raised before and will not be changing. I will just get with the program along with everyone else. 

You can do one trick. Log your progress early in the day before completing your tasks and if you don t complete them don t log your progress next day. It s not ideal, but in my opinion is a good solution. I ve done this sometimes when I go out for dinner, party or whatever. I don t have a modern phone with internet. I am like my grandma.

Peter Varga

That is a good tip & "trick" Antonio. I'll do that I guess. Although it seems to me completely strange UX feature if we need to "trick it" in order for it to actually work for us..

I read the other posts and i'm all in for discipline. But this is nonsense honestly in this case :) 

I do have reminder to tick it off every evening at 8pm (at that time I should be done with my nutrition for that day). Yesterday was a great example where it failed - had some friends over for a great chat - so i'm not going to interrupt the flow to go to the computer in the middle of the conversation to track my progress. We chatted until midnight and then I've lost my 10days streak, though I've eaten fine the full day..

Anyway, i'll just do what Antonio suggest and track it in the morning for 'past day'. Good tip for everyone having this issues I guess. Although I still believe that forcing people to be online everyday might not be the best user experience it is what it is.. :)

Antonio Alías Montoya

I fail yesterday, but real fail. Chocolate, bread with butter and jam and no vegetables at all at night. After 14 beautiful days completed in a row! Now is at 0... Buuuu!!:unsure:

Jeff Serven

Antonio - 14-1! Pretty good. Keep it going. Everyone fails, just get back up and get going again.