This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie

Started by Aaron Strobel, February 5, 2017 · 5 Replies · 96 Views

Aaron Strobel

Hey guys,

 

quick question on starting foundations.  It says on day 1 do core, however does that mean do one of the core workouts such as front lever, or do you do all three core workouts on the same day?  I.e. Front lever side lever etc.?  I'm kinda confused... or when I click on core workout is that my workout of the day? And do the prescribed reps and sets and fill in the smiley faces on how I feel?  

Thanks for your help

Pauline Taube

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

When you click on the Core workout it'll show the whole workout (three exercises: FL, SL, MN). They will automatically start playing after each other once you click on the icon on your Dashboard.

After following along with the workout video, select how it felt using the smiley faces.This will let the system know how to progress you forward for the following week.

Please keep us updated on your training, looking forward to follow your GST journey :) 

Aaron Strobel

Thanks Pauline, 

that makes sense... so the website will increase my intensity as I continue to improve w the smiley faces?? 

Pauline Taube

Yes ;) 

Tanya Hill

Hi Aaron, 

Welcome aboard.

As Coach likes to say "Go slow now so you can sprint later." 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Adding to Tanya Hill's post...

Most of the strength gymnasts have is in their tendon development rather than muscle. Tendons take at least 12 weeks to adapt to a greater load.

As your tendons continue to develop your body has access to greater amounts of physical/brute strength without needing additional hypertrophic muscle tissue.

At some point the body starts developing more muscle fibers to support the tendon development. Which in turn creates the muscle density and hypertrophy that gymnasts develop.