This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

muscle cramps

Started by Michael Vetter, February 5, 2017 · 3 Replies · 97 Views

Michael Vetter

I really enjor the Front Split stretches. What gives me the most problems currently is that I get muscle cramps recently. In things like elevated seiza. The cramps always happen in the feet. Anything I could do to improve that situation?

Everett Carroll

Hi Michael,

It is totally normal for beginners to experience cramps in the feet during these stretches. It is best to reduce the intensity and try to find a position that allows you to complete the set. The problem will alleviate over time. Your body will progressively adapt to the positions. Here is some other excellent info on the matter from a recent, similar question: 

Michael Vetter

Thanks :)

Michael Vetter

Hey @Everett Carroll. You were right indeed. It already goes much better now!