Hi everyone!
I have this pretty big problem. Since I can remember, I've always suffered from extreme motion sickness. A 5km car ride could make me throw up.
We did simple somersaults (you know, just on the floor) at school sports class today, and I experienced nausea and dizziness from just two-three somersaults. I did them again a few minutes ago at home, and I was very, I mean REALLY close to throwing up just after having "landed" it. The world gets turned upside down, everything spins, I experience the same kind of "rush" in my stomach as when you ride a wild roller coaster - only to the extend where it isn't funny. I also get a slight headache.
So now to my question; is it possible to train yourself out of such extreme response? Will it simply take time to get adjusted, or should I work with it next to skill training? (I intend to start gymnastics once I find a schedule for it where I live).
Getting a whole session ruined from the beginning because of nausea would be quite a waste... ![]()
Thanks in advance, and I can't tell how much I appreciate this forum! ![]()