This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 course, frequency, connective tissue question

Started by Robert Lopez, February 5, 2017 · 4 Replies · 217 Views

Robert Lopez

Is there any harm in doing the H1 course 2x per week? I am 6 weeks into H1 and just started doing it 2x per week because I would like to progress more quickly. But not if the course should be treated like the stretch series and only performed once per week. 

How long does wrist connective tissue take to repair? I feel fine doing it twice per week, with only two days of rest in between sessions, but I don't want to potentially be holding myself back. 

Also, if no harm done, should I be doing any other wrist stretches during the week outside of my H1 sessions?

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Robert,

Great questions. You are okay to train the handstand course multiple times per week if you have become accustomed to the work load. The most important thing is that you allow your body sufficient time to heal between training sessions. The time needed for recovery will vary from person to person. If your body feels good after 2 days, then you are okay to keep training the way you currently are. Just make sure that you LISTEN to your body and are smart about your training.

On your off days, you may do some lite wrist stretching, however, you should avoid doing any strenuous work as it will impede your progress. Just do enough to loosen up a bit and then call it quits. Personally, on my off days, I normally stretch my wrists at about 25% intensity level. Just enough to get the blood flowing for recovery.

Winter Phoenix

Hi Robert,

Jeffrey has given you some excellent advise here as everybody recovers at different rates so make sure you pay careful attention to any signs of over doing it. If you are not recovering between workouts this will put a halt to your progress.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Robert actually for you 2 times a week it is fine, personally i prefer 2-3 days in between the session due to the mobility work. on the other side if you want to practice more the PE it is ok, but this depends on your level on H1, the more the PE has a technical component the better it is to practice it.

Andrew Long

I was doing H1 about 5x per week at one stage simply because it wasnt physically taxing but there was a high skill component so in this case the more I did it the better...... in saying this if you feel fatigue or tired or not performing as well I wouldn't do it simply because you want to make sure the work is quality or you'll learn bad habits.