This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scaling Options

Started by Pam Fox, February 3, 2017 · 4 Replies · 158 Views

Pam Fox

I just started and did the thoracic bridge today; however, toward the end I could not do the movements.  The one where my feet were against the stall bars and I was supposed to push my body up I used a ball to get into position.  I was also not able to do the one with the hip and/or shoulders touches as I'm not strong enough or the one after that (I believe).  

So, how do we handle those movements that we are not strong enough to do.  Should we skip them or try to modify as best we can (like I did with the one that I used a ball on).

Thanks.

Everett Carroll

Great question Pam. This is completely normal when first beginning the series. For now, skip them. Over time, as you become stronger and more mobile, you will be able to get further and further along in the series, eventually completing the entire thing. For now just do what you can :)

Coach Sommer

Hello Pam,

For the time being simply stop at the point where you are unable to correctly perform the next element.  As your strength and mobility improve, continue to work your way deeper into the series.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Tanya Hill

Its all about refining Pam. Keep working at it each week, consistency makes the biggest gains. :)

Pam Fox

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate the quick feedback.