This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretches on Wall

Started by Elijah Hernandez, February 2, 2017 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

Elijah Hernandez

Howdy, all!

On the topic of mats, I was wondering what a good setup is for doing stretches on the wall. I was doing my first front split session yesterday, and I just did it against a bare textured wall. Needless to say, the top of my foot got a bit torn up trying to do that. Do y'all think one of those bonded carpet mats would be good for putting halfway on the wall and halfway on the ground since they have so many breaks in them?

Also, any other suggestions to deal with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Everett Carroll

Hey Elijah,

A mat on the wall is a good idea for those stretches, especially if the wall is textured. If the wall is rough like that I will at least stick a yoga mat against it and trap it there with my foot. 

Tanya Hill

The mat is a great idea. Maybe putting on a long sock would also be an easy fix. 

 

 

Benjamin Nutt

Socks. I've got a crummy textured wall in my apartment that'll tear up my feet if I'm not careful. Just wearing socks allows me to slide my feet down the wall with much greater ease.