This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pasteurized milk: to avoid or to not?

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 3, 2017 · 4 Replies · 114 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello Guys!

I am an addicted consumer of milk since I was born. Every single day after woken up I need that glass of latte macchiato (milk + coffe espresso). I know that in each Italian coffee bar I use to go they serve a pasteurized milk, the fresh and whole one we can find in all supermarkets. I also know that the ideal choice should be raw milk, but it is quite hard for me to find a place where I can have access to it.
I was simply wondering... considering that it is only the "cherry on top" of my whole breakfast (which is based mainly of greek yogurt and eggs)... rather than have this whole pasteurized milk, better to avoid it and hit only eggs/greek yogurt in order to be 100% adherent to Thrive? Or could I even have it with no problems?

Thanks to all!

Alessandro

Ching Yin Leung
1 hour ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

 I also know that the ideal choice should be raw milk, but it is quite hard for me to find a place where I can have access to it.

Could you point me to where raw milk was mentioned as the ideal choice? From Lesson 2, I remember the recommendation is full fat dairy from healthy/preferably grass-fed cow, with full-fat being key.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
4 hours ago, Ching Yin Leung said:

Could you point me to where raw milk was mentioned as the ideal choice? From Lesson 2, I remember the recommendation is full fat dairy from healthy/preferably grass-fed cow, with full-fat being key.

In step 12 at "grocery store" lesson It is mentioned regarding Dairy. It is also reported in the shopping list (full fat, grass-fed, raw). 

Jeff Serven

Raw only applies to cold milk. Once heated in a latte it may as well be pasteurized. 

Its fine. 

Adrian Theopold

You won't find raw milk anywhere near a supermarket because it's way too dangerous to sell it.

There are LOTS of bacteria in raw milk also due to the milking process, drinking it unpasteurized would more often than not lead you immediately to the next toilet :P. If you are used to drinking it raw it won't result in a problem, but otherwise....

What you can buy (at least sometimes here in Germany) is milk that hasn't bee homogenized, which is the process of making the fat particles small such that they dissolve better and you don't get any cream on top of your milk. Imho it tastes much better than the conventional one.

Otherwise full fat + organic(there a differences here too) is the way the go i think.