This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Important question about RCPE1

Started by Chris Harvey, February 3, 2017 · 1 Replies · 95 Views

Chris Harvey

First Question is about retracted or protracted shoulder in RCPE1 

In the video 0:00-0:10, I am demonstrating protracted (relexed) shoulder and retracted shoulder 

0:08 - 0:17 I start from protracted shoulder then pull myself up

0:20 - 0:33 I start from retracted shoulder then pull myself up (notice I do not protract shoulder when I descend)

Which is the correct form? 

Second question is about, I discover that when I descend, if I deliberately keep my elbow stick to body, the pronator works harder and the tension in rear delts is higher

In the video, the first pull up is elbow stick to body, the second pull up is I let my elbow flare out and body relexed

Which is correct?

Everett Carroll

Hi Chris, 

Start the row protracted and as you pull up, you want to be depressed and retracted. As you reach the bottom of the row again with straight arms, your shoulder blades will spread back apart. Don't worry about keeping your elbows in to your sides. They can be slightly away from your body.