Hi! I am about to start handstand 1 today... I have a question ![]()
In Wall Wrist Walk and Wall First Knuckle Walk... I can't reach an angle of 90 degrees ... How will I rate my performance? Should I stay in thist first level until I achieve an angle of 90 degrees... It will take time...
Thanks ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
New member
Started by Jelena Djordjevic, February 1, 2017 · 18 Replies · 201 Views
Hi Jelena,
Great question! Your aim is to bend the knuckles 90 degrees before progressing. It will take time but the payoff is great! It is always best to progress extremely slow with these wrist progressions as wrists are complex and need to be gradually strengthened.
4 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Hi Jelena,
Great question! Your aim is to bend the knuckles 90 degrees before progressing. It will take time but the payoff is great! It is always best to progress extremely slow with these wrist progressions as wrists are complex and need to be gradually strengthened.
OK. Can I increase the number of series, or do these wrist exercises every day, so that would speed up the process, because strength and flexibility of my wrists is far below the strength of the rest of the body? I can not wait to start with handstands ![]()
Hey Jelena,
Feel free to add in an extra set each day into a daily limbering routine. I suggest limiting yourself to just one extra set a day, however, for at least the first month before adding in extra first knuckle pushup work. Keeping up with the smiley faces will increase the sets and reps over the month and you might be surprised by how much you improve!
32 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Jelena,
Feel free to add in an extra set each day into a daily limbering routine. I suggest limiting yourself to just one extra set a day, however, for at least the first month before adding in extra first knuckle pushup work. Keeping up with the smiley faces will increase the sets and reps over the month and you might be surprised by how much you improve!
I will upload video of my first day later, to check my form with you... Is my ROM terrible?
Not at all! Your ROM is actually above average for beginners.
12 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Not at all! Your ROM is actually above average for beginners.
Yes!!!! Happy ![]()
Took me 18 months to get that ROM you have.
I see the Challenge motivated you. Welcome! ![]()
(and yes, good ROM!)
15 hours ago, Briac Roquet said:I see the Challenge motivated you. Welcome!
(and yes, good ROM!)
Yes!! We will see each other ![]()
Hi @Jelena Djordjevic, WELCOME!
Are you sure that you are a new member here? Awesome ROM!
1 hour ago, Leo Trinidad said:Hi @Jelena Djordjevic, WELCOME!
Are you sure that you are a new member here? Awesome ROM!
I'm shocked!!! Thank you. I have mobility issues all over the body, so... this is really great!!! Awsome ROM!!! No one has ever said before. ![]()
hahahaha THNX again
It took me 8 weeks to get to your ROM Jelena. Lucky!
Hiiiiiiii @Jelena Djordjevic!!! Nice to see you here
The HS challenge was an eye opener, huh? I was in a hurry too when I started. Wanted to be able to do the push-up version of all wrist exercises already the 3rd week, haha. I have calmed down since then. Take your time, there is no rush. You still can work on all the PEs while making your wrists stronger as time goes. They are such delicate structures. You will keep doing these exercises forrrrrrrever (feels like, haha). No need to hurry.
Nice work @Jelena Djordjevic. Cant wait to see the progress of your strength in that position.
9 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:Hiiiiiiii @Jelena Djordjevic!!! Nice to see you here
The HS challenge was an eye opener, huh? I was in a hurry too when I started. Wanted to be able to do the push-up version of all wrist exercises already the 3rd week, haha. I have calmed down since then. Take your time, there is no rush. You still can work on all the PEs while making your wrists stronger as time goes. They are such delicate structures. You will keep doing these exercises forrrrrrrever (feels like, haha). No need to hurry.
Hi Suzanna! I joined GB community (and glad to see-read you :)), the challenge is brought to the surface a lot of my weak links. I think this will be a very long journey, full of joy and frustration. ![]()
When I look at PE1> iM and PE2> iM, it seems to me impossible to pass ever. But someday - I will, I know.
Patience is what we most need ![]()
5 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:Nice work @Jelena Djordjevic. Cant wait to see the progress of your strength in that position.
![]()
Thanks!!! I cant wait to see the progress of my strength and mobility in every position. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Welcome to the community Jelena. It looks like you're off to a great start! Keep working hard and please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help.
Looking forward to seeing more videos!
10 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Welcome to the community Jelena. It looks like you're off to a great start! Keep working hard and please let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help.
Looking forward to seeing more videos!
Thanks
Glad to be part of GB community ![]()
