This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gym membership?

Started by Sam Jarvis, January 31, 2017 · 3 Replies · 127 Views

Sam Jarvis

Hi, I started F1 about two months ago and the stretch series about three months ago.  This is my primary exercise program other than my martial arts 3-4 times per week.  I do have a gym membership that I'm thinking about canceling since I do all my workouts at home and also have some garage space where I have hung a pull up bar, rings, etc.  My question is - should I keep my gym membership for any future F1 or F2 workouts?  I didn't think I needed it since I know most of the workouts are with bodyweight but wanted to ask before I canceled my gym membership.

Everett Carroll

Hi Sam, 

Great question. Typically, with the things you mentioned, all of the exercises can be done at home, with some creativity. Parallel bars or some sort of similar dipping station comes in handy later on in F1 and for sure in the rest of the series. The answer to this may depend somewhat on the items you are willing to add to your home gym setup.

The best way to prepare for future progressions is to browse through your course library and take a look at the upcoming progressions. I suggest taking a bit of time to look through F1 and F2, as well as any other courses you may own, and check off each progression, ensuring you have at least some form of substitute. Hope this helps! Shoot us any further questions you might have. 

Sam Jarvis

Thanks for your prompt response.  Would there be any good at-home substitute for a pommel horse and stall bars?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Sam:

-pommel horse: abs bench or a table.

-stall bar: not too many alternatives , a power rack with 2 bars.