This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rookie Question

Started by Michael Batuk, January 30, 2017 · 1 Replies · 72 Views

Michael Batuk

hello everyone!!!

I have started F1 training about a month ago and I love it.

I have a question in regards to recovery between the sets.Especially with a ring rows I'm finding it hard to recover in such a short period of time. Is this common weakness?Its very humbling and I assume it puts me where I should be for a given moment.

Should I just focus on GST or add additional leg work ,as F1 for legs is not challenging /or progress to F2 just for the lower body.Just to clarify I can do one leg squats for reps with a decent form.Im also training the middle split series.

Thank You.

GST for life

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

In Foundation One you'll be working to improve your work capacity. It's completely normal to struggle with keeping up with the high reps and short (none) rest to begin with. Even very strong and atheltic students get humbeled when beginning the course. It's completely different watching the exercises and actually doing them with perfect form and follow the tempo. It requires patience and consistency to get through the progressions. But it's definitely worth it and will help you build a strong and solid Foundation before moving onto the more advanced work. 

Depending on your goals I would reccomend to focus on GST, also work your way through the SLS progressions. The hip and knee mobility here is extremely helpful and will train your muscles in a different way and make your joints strong and healthy and better prepared for when you want to do weighted work. 

The Stretch series are also a great complement to the Foundation courses. These will definitely help you getting faster through the mobility progressions. 

I'm very excited to follow your GST journey! Please keep us updated with photos/videos of your progress and feel free to reach out again if you have any other questions :)