This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Order for Coach Sommer's Recommendation?

Started by Harris Frank, January 30, 2017 · 3 Replies · 149 Views

Harris Frank

Hey everyone,

Thanks to you all for the great posts.   Its been very useful getting started.    

Here's a newbie question for you:  When doing "Coach Sommer's Recommended" workout programming, on two of the days there are both a stretch and another workout (Wed - Lower Body, Front Split;  Fri - Thoracic Bridge, Handstand).   Is it recommended to do the stretch first or vice versa?  

With gratitude,

Harris

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Harris,

Thanks for reaching out!

Good question. You should always do the Stretch series after your workout. After your stretch session your muscles will be relaxed, doing these before workout is not reccomended. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions :) 

Alessandro Mainente

I quote the suggestion of Pauline, intense stretching before does not represent the ideal situation. it is a lot of work on the brain which promotes chronic reflex changes, this is sub-optimal condition if you have to perform strength training.

Harris Frank

Thanks.  I'm glad I asked as I think I would have done the opposite.