This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2 + iM

Started by Robert Lopez, January 29, 2017 · 5 Replies · 90 Views

Robert Lopez

Thank you for the form check!

My head stands for 5 sets of 36 felt pretty solid. That was my form for both the strength and mobility element for all 5 sets of each. Although I could do the headstands easily, I felt like my iM form still wasn't good enough (arms not high enough behind me, above my shoulders). I therefore selected "failed mobility" again, to progress only one step in the strength element. Was this the correct selection based on my form? Thank you.

 

Robert Lopez

Bump!!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Robert,

Your headstand looks pretty good. At the beginning of your set your body is leaning towards your arms quite a bit. Part way through your set you adjust your lean so that you are more on top of your head, but you pick up a bit of arch. Squeeze your gluts to help keep PPT and your stomach to keep from arching while doing your headstand.

On your iM, you are hunching forward as you lift the bar. As you do this movement, sit up straight. I like to think about lifting my chin to help get my chest open.

Choosing 'failed mobility' was a good choice. Way to train smart!

Robert Lopez
7 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Robert,

Your headstand looks pretty good. At the beginning of your set your body is leaning towards your arms quite a bit. Part way through your set you adjust your lean so that you are more on top of your head, but you pick up a bit of arch. Squeeze your gluts to help keep PPT and your stomach to keep from arching while doing your headstand.

On your iM, you are hunching forward as you lift the bar. As you do this movement, sit up straight. I like to think about lifting my chin to help get my chest open.

Choosing 'failed mobility' was a good choice. Way to train smart!

Thanks, Jeff! Exactly the feedback I was looking for! Much appreciated!

Stephen Thayer

I'm right where you are on this progression. I'm starting to think this iM is anatomically impossible for me. I can't get my hands level with my shoulders no matter how far out I place them. I started the thoracic bridge stretch series a month ago. No drastic improvement yet, but I'm learning to be patient with GST. Consistency and allowing time for recovery seems to be they key for me.

Jeffrey Bittner

@Stephen Thayer Awesome attitude. There's no substitute for patience and consistency in your training. Keep it up!