This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch series in the beginning of your workout

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, January 29, 2017 · 11 Replies · 188 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey there,

Would like to check if there is a significant difference between performing any stretch series, specially FS and MS, at beginning rather than at the end of the workout. I am asking due to some difficulties with my schedule I will have in the coming month.

thanks,

Feli

Julia Quigley

Coach says stretch series should always be down AFTER your workout, because it relaxes your muscles. 

I have done a stretch series in the morning and skill work (trapeze or acrobatic classes) in the evening, and that seems to be sufficient recovery time.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey Julia,

Yes just wanted to make sure if could be done otherway around for a short period.

Feli

Jon Douglas

This is definitely not ideal; longer duration hard stretching immediately prior to workout will probably negatively affect your performance as Julia says.

If necessary this can obviously be worked around by stretching upper body and performing strength work for the lower body, or vice versa. 

Darin Phoenix

Hi, 

I agree with Jon on this one. All the research suggests that longer duration stretching immediately prior to your workout will negatively affect your performance. 

I'm curios though if you have time to stretch at the beginning of your workout why would you not have time to stretch at the end?

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey coaches,

Appreciate your responses on this. The issue came up befause my gym opens at certain hour and can do the F7 there only, but could find a solution so all good now. Will consider Jon's solution if this issue comes up in the future.

in addition, is it ok to do TBS and Then FS back to back in a stretch only day?

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Bump

Felipe Garcia Rosa
On 1/30/2017 at 8:36 PM, Felipe Garcia Rosa said:

.

in addition, is it ok to do TBS and Then FS back to back in a stretch only day?

 

Antonio Alías Montoya

I am not a coach but I think it shouldn t be a problem because one is upper body and the other lower body. For example, I ve just done it today both because couldn t work on them earlier in the week.

 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks for your response Antonio. I thought same also.

Leo Trinidad

Antonio is right. You can do all the stretch series in the same day. :)

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks from your feedback Leo!