This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE6 (Hollow Body Rocks)

Started by Petri Widsten, January 28, 2017 · 12 Replies · 281 Views

Petri Widsten

When I have some spare energy in between FL/PE5 and MN/PE6 training I do short sets of this element to learn the technique. How is it looking?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petri,

You're looking pretty good. You are picking up some bumping during your rock. This is cause by a flat back. Keep working on your hollow position to build the strength necessary  to do you rocks. Also, be careful not to let the hips move as you rock.

Petri Widsten

Sounds like solid advise, Jeffrey. Thanks, will do.

Petri Widsten

Please remove double this posting

Petri Widsten

First time officially training this, trying to reduce the bumping and hip movement spotted by Jeffrey in my early attempt.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petri,

Good improvement. You are still picking up some bumping. Lift your shoulders a bit higher to help press your lower back into the ground. Avoid ducking your chin to your chest as you rock. Look straight towards the ceiling during your rocks. Keep working on  getting rid of the movement in the hips and shoulders as you rock. Nice work so far!

Petri Widsten

Thanks again, Jeffrey. HBRs look deceptively simple but there are so many things to keep in mind! 

Petri Widsten

I can't decide if this is better or worse than previous form - what do you think? Hopefully I'm still heading the right way.

@Jeffrey Bittner@Alessandro Mainente

 

Alessandro Mainente

ON both the forms if you notice there is still an increase in the shoulders range of motion due to thoracic spine extension. you can easily see this detail if you look how, when the upper body it is higher, that the ears are covered. on the contrary, when the upper body it is lower the ears are visible.

Petri Widsten
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

ON both the forms if you notice there is still an increase in the shoulders range of motion due to thoracic spine extension. you can easily see this detail if you look how, when the upper body it is higher, that the ears are covered. on the contrary, when the upper body it is lower the ears are visible.

Ok, I'll focus on that. Thanks again, Alessandro.

Petri Widsten

A new attempt - any difference between the first and last sets? I like the 1st one better. I tried to minimise the thoracic extension.

@Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

Alessandro Mainente

Repetitions until 17 seconds in the first video are acceptable.

Petri Widsten
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Repetitions until 17 seconds in the first video are acceptable.

Thanks for the specific feedback, Alessandro.