Hi folks,
Nice stretch course ![]()
I wonder: Is it that one video that I will do continuously until I achieve the stretch. So all the time the same stretches or will me video change after some time/are there several videos?
regards,
Michael
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Michael Vetter, January 27, 2017 · 5 Replies · 131 Views
Hi folks,
Nice stretch course ![]()
I wonder: Is it that one video that I will do continuously until I achieve the stretch. So all the time the same stretches or will me video change after some time/are there several videos?
regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,
Great question. Because stretching and improving flexibility is a much different process than strength training, you will continue to do the exercises in this video throughout the course.
Stretching takes years of practice to master. Flexibility is something that can only be improved through calm, consistent repetition. You will find that as you do these stretches weekly, you will constantly improve your flexibility.
Alright, cool. Thanks for clarifying this @Jeffrey Bittner!
I have a smiley face add on question. some of the thoracic bridge stretches at the end are beyond me, even the scaling given is too difficult, so do I give myself a smiley face for accomplishing everything that I can and assume that I will get strong enough to push up into the bridge at some point? or do I just do what I can and get no smiley face until I can push up into that bridge?
On another note I broke my foot, avulsion fracture, two weeks ago and I'm "doing what I can" but the calf raises are not happening nor are those side to side squats. SO again what counts as "doing all the exercises".
Hi Margaret,
Great question. For now, stop at the point where you can no longer properly complete the next exercise. Then mark the stretch series complete. You will be able to work your way further into the series as your strength and mobility improve. Please also mark the front split series complete even though you are temporarily skipping the calf and ankle exercises due to your injury.
Thank you, so much more motivating to get to click the smiley face!