This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seeking Beginner Assessment

Started by Matthew Wiener, January 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 103 Views

Matthew Wiener

Hello GB Community, I posed the question below to Coach Sommer but recognize he's probably extremely busy and may not be able to respond. As such, I want to post it here for Community feedback.

By way of background, I am a 35-year old male, in relatively good shape, and have been a gym rat for over 20 years. With that training, I have done almost 0% work on mobility and now find myself as a father of two looking to transform the way my body feels and works. Particularly, my hips and shoulders are tighter than I ever remember, and I generally feel mobility-restricted across my entire body which is a significant departure from the way I remember my body functioning when I was in my 20s.

I recently purchased the Fundamentals course and am working through it with an eye towards spending 2017 focused on this transformation.

To that end, I would be interested in engaging/hiring someone to perform a personal physical assessment of my current condition and help structure an individualized program (which I assume will incorporate the Foundations coursework as well). I am based in Houston and travel to NYC often, so those would be ideal locations; however, I am willing to travel to another location if needed.

If you have anyone in mind who can perform this type of work, I'd greatly appreciate the referral.

Everett Carroll

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out. Please take advantage of our video review service. You can send us videos anytime and receive prompt, detailed feedback. This forum is also an amazing resource so please don't hesitate to post any questions you might have.    

In NYC, I believe Paul Watson would be the person to reach out to for in-person GB training. This thread has his information: 

Matthew Wiener

Much appreciated Everett. I'll reach out to Paul.

Tanya Hill

Hi Matthew, 

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing more about your GST journey, keep us updated.