Hi, I'm having pain in the side of my hip when doing the side leg lifts (mobility from F1 PE1 lower body) and when doing straddles. I think it dates to before I started GST, to a time when I did the frog stretch a few months ago. I don't feel it during regular activities or most of the training I was doing before (Kettlebells and some barbell deadlifts). It feels like the top of my femur is pinching something when I go into abduction at end range of motion. Anyone have an idea of what it might be?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Side of hip pain while doing straddle or side leg lifts
Started by Benjamin Renaud, January 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 43 Views
Hi benjamin with good probability you have very tight hips capsule. the pinching sensation of the femur can be confirmed by a physioterapist test on your hip.
@Alessandro Mainente If its only a tight hip capsule, do you think that stretching the outside of my hip (TFL, IT band etc) will lead to some relief? I can do some tennis/lacrosse ball or foam roller work on it too.
I had a PT tell me that I had less than normal internal rotation about a year ago also.
Hips capsule will never be released by foam rolling or lacrosse ball, practically impossible to reach so deep in the joint. piriformis & glutes combination(from middle split course) and swivel hips from from foundations 1 are what do you need.