This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE5

Started by Borja Rojano Broz 230952, January 26, 2017 · 8 Replies · 107 Views

Borja Rojano Broz 230952

Dear coaches, 
Please kindly check my hanging leg lift. 
 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Borja,

Try to keep your back in contact with the stahl bar when lifting your legs. Also remember to point your toes. Your knees are locked and legs straight which is good! Keep working on it!!

Please submit a form check of PE4. Also how is your pike/hamstring mobility? :) 

Borja Rojano Broz 230952
4 hours ago, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Borja,

Try to keep your back in contact with the stahl bar when lifting your legs. Also remember to point your toes. Your knees are locked and legs straight which is good! Keep working on it!!

Please submit a form check of PE4. Also how is your pike/hamstring mobility? :) 

Dear Pauline, 
Thanks for your points. I will make sure I keep a hollow body position and not arch the back, while pointing the toes. Tomorrow I will shoot a video with PE4 and a Jefferson Curl to show you my pike mobility.

Alessandro Mainente

You need to do the opposite, if you search for the hollow the hips will be forced to move away from the the stallbar, we are searching for hips flexor, the tendency of the body to arch it is minimum in your situation.

Borja Rojano Broz 230952

@Alessandro Mainente and @Pauline Taube, I have been working as per your suggestions. I have improved the hanging leg lift. My back is more in contact with the stall bar but for the love of mine I can't reach 90 degrees without a bit of separation from the stall bar. See the video:

 

I can go well under 90 degrees on a normal pike, I can touch the floor with my knuckles with the legs straight so I think/hope it is not lack of flexibilty.

My question is: should I aim for zero separation before moving on to the next step? I can easily do the reps like on the video, blocked knees and pointing toes.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Borja,

Can you keep the lower back on during MN/PE4? Can you please also post a video of your iM for this progression?

Alessandro Mainente

Nice progress, probably some stretch of the posterior chain will make the exercise easier.

Borja Rojano Broz 230952
15 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Borja,

Can you keep the lower back on during MN/PE4? Can you please also post a video of your iM for this progression?

@Everett Carroll I will take a video of PE4, but I am afraid I don't know what iM is. Could you clarify?

Does this mean that the little separation I have in the second video is still too much? Is the aim zero separation? If so, maybe this should be specified in the exercise description?

Everett Carroll

It is looking good Borja. You have improved a lot! I was just curious how your MN/PE4 looks as well as your pike mobility. Like Alex said, stretching your posterior chain with the stretch courses will be relly helpful for you.