This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Water in Hotter Climates

Started by Jon Douglas, January 26, 2017 · 2 Replies · 95 Views

Jon Douglas

Hi Jeff,

Full disclaimer; I'm Australian; I do a certain amount of physical work outside, and it is not unusual to get above 40 degrees C for a week at a time. Humidity up in Queensland (tropical cyclone season) can also get pretty damn intense. Sweat, sunburn are par for the course.

I am curious as to your thoughts on how to address water needs in this situation. It's pretty normal to look like you are straight out of the pool in the gym, around here. In your experience are there needs for salts, etc?

 

Jeff Serven

There is in extreme climates and especially when you are doing hard energy system work. I go for more potassium and magnesium salts 

Jon Douglas

Thanks; I'll get on this.