45 minutes ago, Affan Osman said:For those who workout in the morning does it take longer for you to warmup?
Not really, if you're warming up effectively, 10-15 minutes should be plenty to get your blood flowing and work up a bit of sweat.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Chris Harvey, January 26, 2017 · 30 Replies · 917 Views
45 minutes ago, Affan Osman said:For those who workout in the morning does it take longer for you to warmup?
Not really, if you're warming up effectively, 10-15 minutes should be plenty to get your blood flowing and work up a bit of sweat.
All my workouts are trained fasted. I workout in the morning after lemon water and a quad espresso. Always have lots in the tank. I do the typical suggested warmup each session: 5 minutes of light cardio, daily limber, extra hip and thoracic stretching, then on to it.
Affan -- on the rare occasions I workout later in the day, my warmups are the same duration. So morning workouts don't require a longer warmup for me.
So back to the original topic.... (paraphrased) Are there benefits to training before breakfast?
Personally speaking: Even when I was a competitive swimmer, I have never done any type of training without having consumed some food before hand.
However training without having consumed some food makes the body seem lighter to you and atmospheric pressure is not as heavy in the mornings as it is later in the day.
With less body weight and less atmospheric pressure, training in the morning before breakfast makes workouts seemingly easier.
As mentioned by others previously... Training practices are a matter of personal preference.
Rayne do you have any studies about the atmospheric pressure training you might have read? I would love to see and read them - that is a pretty interesting angle on training for sure.
On 7/1/2017 at 4:55 PM, Luke Searra said:Rayne do you have any studies about the atmospheric pressure training you might have read? I would love to see and read them - that is a pretty interesting angle on training for sure.
Just start your personal researching with "Training at high altitudes." From there it is matter of knowing what the barometric pressure is when you workout and pay attention to how skin and body feels. The effects of barometric pressure are felt more while training outside. Keep in mind. Unless someone lives at or below "Sea Level" they are living at a "High" altitude.
In regards to the original topic... Anyone else know of any other benefits other than what I have mentioned?
Hi Affan,
I love my morning training and yes I do spend more time warming up and make sure I start the morning with plenty of water. ![]()