Form check for squats and the associated iM. I am sure there are things that can be improved/tweaked. Looking forward to feedback, and thanks to all for taking a minute to give it.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Brandon Martin, January 26, 2017 · 4 Replies · 51 Views
Form check for squats and the associated iM. I am sure there are things that can be improved/tweaked. Looking forward to feedback, and thanks to all for taking a minute to give it.
Hi Brandon,
Your work is coming along nicely.
On the kneeling hip circuit, go a bit slower and draw the circle with your knee. What I mean is keeping your knee high even on the way back.
Nice depth on your squats. At the very bottom try not to let the tailbone tuck under.
Will be waiting for video #2! ![]()
Thanks for the quick response. I hear you on the iM. Probably just need to keep working on it (and stretching my hip flexors) to get there. On the squats: Keeping tail bone from tucking under seems like it should be an easy fix, but I just tried it, and it's actually quite difficult. Do you (or anyone on the forum) have any suggestions on cues to focus on to keep tailbone out where it belongs?
Hi Brandon, instead of moving the knees forward think about move the butt backward.
Thanks Alessandro! I played with this a little today. We will see what happens after some time using this method every time I squat.