This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS pe3

Started by Valerie Morwood, January 26, 2017 · 5 Replies · 75 Views

Valerie Morwood

Please critique my form.

i notice that I don't get as deep as the videos, and I have a bit of a "butt wink" at the bottom. My mobility shows how tight my hips are--the middle splits course is opening them up.

Is it ok for me to continue increasing reps with my form, or should I go back to PE2?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Valerie,

You're looking pretty good. On your squat you are leaning forward quite a bit. Sit your chest up as vertical as possible. Keep working on getting your butt closer to the ground. I recommend staying on your current Step while working to fix form.

On your iM you are doing a pretty good job. I would like to see a bit more elevation of the leg as you do your circle.

Keep working hard!

Valerie Morwood

I tried using a 5lb weight to counter balance as suggested in the tips and technique video. I think my back looks a bit more upright. 

Should I keep using it?

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Valerie,

Yes, it looks like the counterweight helped! Keep using it for sure.

Valerie Morwood

This may seem ridiculous, but I worry that I will become dependent on it, and I won't learn to do the squat without it.

also, should I progress with reps and sets with the weight or just stay at step 1 until I can squat without?

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Valerie,

You won't become dependent on it, don't worry. It will actually help you improve your squat while teaching better mechanics :) Keep progressing through the steps like normal and don't feel like you're cheating by using the weight. It is just another tool to aide your progress. Keep it up!