This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2

Started by Stephen Thayer, January 25, 2017 · 3 Replies · 46 Views

Stephen Thayer

This is my first try with the headstand progression. I watched some of the other form checks for tips. I noticed that i start out leaning forward, but I straighten up at the end. 

Should I try to eliminate the lean completely? The kid in the video seems to be leaning a few degrees. He also looks to be on his forehead instead of the crown of his head.

 

Luke Searra

Coach Sommer might correct me Stephen but it should be completely fine for your to use your forehead, otherwise if you balanced on the crown of your head you'd become more vertical but less stable.

Stephen Thayer
3 hours ago, Luke Searra said:

Coach Sommer might correct me Stephen but it should be completely fine for your to use your forehead, otherwise if you balanced on the crown of your head you'd become more vertical but less stable.

@Luke Searra That was my experience. The first time I filmed this it turned into a somersault because I was trying to be as vertical as possible. How's my form otherwise?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Stephen,

It looks pretty good. I recommend adjusting your hands a bit so that your elbows are directly on top of your hands. Doing this will also help you to feel more control of your headstand.