This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE1 Form Check

Started by Adrian Theopold, January 24, 2017 · 5 Replies · 91 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hi everyone,

my Question related to the form check is mainly whether I have enough protraction at the top to progress to more reps or should work on my form first.

I also noticed that the movement seems to be a bit asymmetric, any comment here is highly appreciated.

These are the 4th and 5th set of 5x9, but as you might noticed counting is not my strong side (despite studying math...).

Front View

Side View

Thanks, Adrian

Everett Carroll

Hey Adrian,

Your form and degree of protraction look good. You are okay to keep building volume. The asymmetry is very slight and should work itself out in this case. I had an asymmetry like this when I started GST. The iM's from the Handstand One course are what ended up balancing me out. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Adrian the asymmetrical movement it is very little, consider the idea of depressing the more the right scapulae and take another video. a tight upper trap due to dominant side movement it is enough to produce this difference!

Adrian Theopold

@Mainente Alessandro That tip seemed to be spot on, thank you! Though depressing only one shoulder felt a little bit weird it seemed to have the correct effect.

 

I already noticed before that the mobitlity/strength/whatever in my shoulders is quite uneven, which is also with high probability one cause for the small ongoing tendonitis in my left elbow.

Stretching the shoulder with the iMs from H1 and TBS defenitly relieves some of the problems I have in my elbow and other stuff like pain when having slept too compressed on my shoulder...

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice work.

Jeffrey Bittner

@Adrian Theopold Awesome job!