Hi, I'm just starting out on the HS course and just wanted to double check: do we do 1 rep of Tripods, then 1 rep of shoulder flexions and repeat for 4 sets or do all of the Tripods, then all of the shoulder flexions?
Thanks
Andy
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Andrew Brook-Dobson, January 24, 2017 · 5 Replies · 144 Views
Hi, I'm just starting out on the HS course and just wanted to double check: do we do 1 rep of Tripods, then 1 rep of shoulder flexions and repeat for 4 sets or do all of the Tripods, then all of the shoulder flexions?
Thanks
Andy
Hi Andrew,
Welcome to the Gymnasticbodies community. Your integrated mobility set is to be done straight after PE set. So it would go a set of Tripod followed by set of shoulder flexions.
Look forward to hearing about your progress.
Thanks Winter. Is there any indication of rest between each set?
Since it is technical work the rest it is the time you need to be mentally fresh for the next tripod work.
So I'm allowed to rest longer than the iM takes up time?
For me it also seems like there is some strength/endurance involved, since I definitely feel exhausted in the upper and also to some extend in the lower back.
1 hour ago, Adrian Theopold said:So I'm allowed to rest longer than the iM takes up time?
For me it also seems like there is some strength/endurance involved, since I definitely feel exhausted in the upper and also to some extend in the lower back.
Yes, that's right. Skill work.
However, balance this with not cooling down too much from your warmup
And as you move forward, it can be very beneficial to keep rest times to a minimum to work on superior endurance and conditioning, as in the HS wall runs and wall / free holds